[PySide] Passing parameter from one class to an external function

craf abarzuaf at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 00:14:28 CEST 2012

Hi Everyone!.

Recently  start with Pyside and I would like to know how I can call the
function greetings from within the Form class, passing the self
argument.

My Code:---------------------------------------------------

import sys
from PySide.QtCore import *
from PySide.QtGui import *

class Form(QDialog):

    def __init__(self, parent=None):

        QDialog.__init__(self, parent=None)

        self.edit = QLineEdit("Write my name here")
        self.button = QPushButton("Show Greetings")
        self.layout = QVBoxLayout()
        self.layout.addWidget(self.edit)
        self.layout.addWidget(self.button)
        self.setLayout(self.layout)
        self.button.clicked.connect(greetings)

def greetings(self):
    print ("Hello %s" % self.edit.text())

if __name__ == '__main__':
    app = QApplication(sys.argv)
    form = Form()
    form.show()
    sys.exit(app.exec_())

I try with:

self.button.clicked.connect(greetings)
self.button.clicked.connect(lambda e: greetings(self))
self.button.clicked.connect(lambda e, self=self:greetings(self))

but, nothing.

I appreciate any information

Best Regards

Cris