[PySide] PySide 1.1.1 - "Free Hugs": Python for Qt released!

Anderson Lizardo anderson.lizardo at openbossa.org
Fri Apr 20 14:43:39 CEST 2012

Hi Hugo,

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 7:15 PM, Hugo Parente Lima
<hugo.lima at openbossa.org> wrote:
> The problem isn't the existence of the packages, you are doing a great job
> with this, really. The problem is that nobody test if PySide builds on Mac or
> Windows until it gets released resulting in broken releases :-/.

One "solution" to this problem is to launch at least one candidate
release (-rcX) version prior to the final one, and ask for Mac/Windows
builders volunteers to do at least some minimal "build && ctest"
sanity check. Of course a buildbot is better, if we can arrange a way
to get one running again.

If no one complains on the -rcX, it can be released sometime later
(one week?) as final. If problems arise, there is always the "minor
build fix release" option :)

Regards,
--
Anderson Lizardo