[PySide] Compiling Bindings on Windows

Kerfoot, Eric eric.kerfoot at kcl.ac.uk
Wed Apr 25 14:35:11 CEST 2012

Hi Everyone,
   I'm trying to create bindings in Windows for my own custom Qt-derived type and am not sure how to proceed (apologies if this has already been answered but I haven't seen it in the archives). I can compile just fine in Linux under Ubuntu with the headers/libraries/type systems provided, but these aren't present in the Windows binary distribution. I thought that compiling the Windows code from source would be necessary but I haven't managed to do that yet, the install scripts on github pulled down code that wasn't consistent on the stable branch, or on the dev branch required libxml2 which I got for Windows but which wouldn't successfully link with MSVC for some reason.

I can go into details about these issues if necessary, but I figured that I shouldn't need to build myself if I could get the headers, static/shared libraries, and type system XML files from somewhere to build my own binding DLL. Is this correct or do I have to get a build going first? If not then where can I get the things I need pre-built for Windows so I can get things going?

I hope I haven't missed the obvious answers to these questions somewhere, but I haven't found an obvious place where the header files/type system XML files that I need in Windows are kept. I was playing with building on Windows for days without success but I'd be happy to contribute any fixes if I can find them, for now though I need some help getting started.

Thanks for your help,
   Eric

----
Dr. Eric Kerfoot
Postdoctoral Researcher
Imaging Sciences, Biomedical Engineering
King's College London