[PySide] PySide plus Django: How can I make the PySide application auto-start the server?

Zak pyside at m.allo.ws
Wed Aug 29 16:00:52 CEST 2012

Hello Aaron,

Thank you so much for all the help. I have learned at least two
important things from your email:

- You give a great example for how to echo the Django server's status
messages into a Qt GUI widget.

- You gave me the idea to use the os module to search for the pid of the
Django server, and then send a signal to that pid using the os module,
rather than using subprocess.Popen.send_signal(). I had not considered
the fact that, due to process forking, subprocess.Popen.send_signal()
may not be sending the signal to the right process / pid.

Once I figure out how to terminate the Django server process, I plan to
email the list again. Even though it is not really PySide related, it
should help any future users who want to wrap PySide and Django together
in this way.

Thanks,

Zak