[PySide] PySide is Dead?

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 10:51:11 CET 2012

There is a lot of things that could be improved.

For example, bugs. Here is a list of reported against PySide:
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+=+PYSIDE+AND+resolution+=+Unresolved+AND+status+in+(Open,+%22In+Progress%22,+Reopened,+Reported

Linked also as http://bit.ly/SQOQuH in case link breaks (like it does when
being put into the wiki).
In ideal world each bug is an action item. That means - confirmed,
clarified, test written and ready to be read and acted by somebody, who has
appropriate access. Maybe even maintaining a importance/priority list
somewhere.

Here is a list of submitted patches for review, which also needs to be an
item action list:
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#q,status:open+pyside,n,z
Reviewing and testing them will also help to integrate those fixes faster.

There is also a lot of room for testing and improving PySide entrypoint
documentation both for developers and starters:
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Category:LanguageBindings::PySide

--
anatoly t.