[PySide] PySide is Dead?

Dave Curtis davecurtis at sonic.net
Sat Dec 15 20:03:10 CET 2012

On Dec 14, 2012, at 2:51 AM, Matti Airas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been lurking on the discussion and while I don't have much time/energy or practical skills to contribute in the future development,

I'm in a similar situation.  I'm starting down the path to a new project, and after evaluating various GUI options concluded that Pyside was the winner (Why?  1. it is Qt, 2. licensing).  But now Pyside seems to be on the brink of being an orphan.  For my part, I'm too new to both Qt and Pyside to be of much use as a developer except perhaps from the standpoint of helping with documentation and example code, but in any case I have my own projects to push forward that need my attention so my time for helping with Pyside would be limited.  I would contribute modest financial donations if I thought there was a good management structure in place for Pyside.

So... I'd like to see a solid roadmap for continued Pyside support.  I'd hate to switch away from Pyside, but for one of my projects I am at the decision point and need to feel comfortable about Pyside's long-term prospects.

Sorry this message has a somewhat negative tone.  I think this is a very healthy discussion and there is clearly a lot of enthusiasm for continued development of Pyside.

-dave