[PySide] Debug build of PySide with release Python

Vladimir Rutsky rutsky.vladimir at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 13:47:41 CET 2012

Hello!

Is it possible to build debug version of PySide (so that it will use
Qt debug libraries QtCored4.dll, QtGuid4.dll, etc) with release Python
distribution on Windows?

If I try to compile with "-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug" I'm getting error
on Shiboken:
[...]
-- Found PythonLibs: C:/Python26/libs/python26.lib (Required is at
least version "2.6")
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:75 (message):
  Python debug library not found.  Try compile shiboken with
  -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release

I want to use debug Qt libraries to check that PySide-based
application don't do nasty things that leads to strange behavior.
I don't want to use debug Python build, because my application depends
on several python packages with native libraries and as I see I need
to rebuild them all against debug version of Python.

Thanks in advance,

Vladimir Rutsky