[PySide] Shiboken with two classes with the same name in different namespaces

Micke Prag micke.prag at telldus.se
Thu Jul 19 22:34:08 CEST 2012

I have an issue with Shiboken that I don't know how to solve.

Basically I have two classes:

namespace bb {
  class Application: public QCoreApplication;
}
and
namespace bb {
  namespace cascades {
    class Application: public bb::Application;
  }
}

My typesystem looks like this:
<namespace-type name="bb" generate="yes">
   <object-type name="Application" />
   <namespace-type name="cascades">
      <object-type name="Application" />

   </namespace-type>
</namespace-type>

When shiboken generates the binding it creates two classes with the same name, ApplicationWrapper (in bb_application_wrapper.cpp and bb_cascades_application_wrapper.cpp). Since they have the same name the linker complains (obviously).

I can manually fix this by editing the generated bb_application_wrapper.h file and put the class in the bb namespace.

Is this a bug in Shiboken or are there a workaround for this?

--
Micke Prag