[PySide] Automated Testing

Coran Hoskin coranh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 10:36:10 CEST 2012

Dear PySide Mailing List,

I'm looking into writing some automated GUI tests for a PySide application
and have been looking into the open source options. Linux Desktop Testing
Project (LDTP) looks like the best, as it is still being actively developed
(last release in Feb'12) and is being used by Canonical for testing Ubuntu
(so i've read).
I've tried to use LDTP but my PySIde application does not appear in the
window list. Other windows show correctly, such as Eclipse and RIDE (A
front end editor for Robot Framework tests). I have double checked that
Assistive Technologies is enabled. I am wondering whether PySide has
Assistive Technologies (seems to be referred to as a11y or ST-API)
enabled/built-in?
Has anyone else tried to use LDTP with a PySide application?
Alternatively, is there any comparable alternative for GUI testing a PySide
application? I've come across TDriver, by Nokia, but this appears to not be
actively developed currently, and forces use of Ruby (would prefer Python).
I use Squish at work, which is very good, but unfortunately very expensive.

Any help/info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
--
Coran