[PySide] QThread crash before emitting finished signal

Sebastian Elsner sebastian at risefx.com
Thu Jun 7 23:27:20 CEST 2012

Hi,

1) I'd add an __init__ like this.

def __init__(self,parent=None):
     QObject.__init__(self,parent)

2) I'd move the work method stuff to the init. It looks like you are
doing the setup there. init is the place to be for this.

3) QMetaObject.invokeMethod(photoWorker, "work", Qt.QueuedConnection)
looks very strange
use:
photoThread.started.connect(photoWorker.doWork)
instead. place before photoThread.start().

> Apart from that, my threads are being destroyed as photoWorker and
> photoThread objects run out of scope. How can I prevent python from
> doing this? Making them instance objects is not an option since every
> time my program reenters the method where they are declared it spawns
> new threads.

Make a list and add the photoWorker instances to the list. Clean the
list up now and then.