[PySide] QPalette.BrightText not working under osx

Frank Rueter | OHUfx frank at ohufx.com
Mon Jun 18 02:48:16 CEST 2012

Hello wise PySide people,

I am looking at a confusing discrepancy between windows and osx when
trying to simply change the main font colour of my app.
I am using the "plastique" style to start with, then changing all sorts
of values to custom tailor the look.
For some reason this line has no effect on osx and my text remains black:
     palette.setBrush(QPalette.Active, QPalette.BrightText, brush)

Under windows it seems ok.

Here is a simple snippet that shows the problem:
http://pastebin.com/rV9nDUSN

Is this a bug or use error? Is there any way I can ship around this to
ensure my font is the colour I'm specifying in the palette?
I'm using PySide 1.0.9

Cheers,
frank