[PySide] inherited values that contribute to widgets position

Frank Rueter | OHUfx frank at ohufx.com
Tue Jun 19 01:33:20 CEST 2012

Hi everyone,

I am trying to learn what inherited value may contribute to a widget's
real screen position.

In my example I have a widget that I am animating out of frame, so I
need to determine exactly what it's static position is to be able to set
that as the animation's start value. If I just use QWidget.pos().x() I
am 5 pixels off. So currently I'm just adding 5 pixels manually, but
would love to understand where those come from and how to calculate the
widget's position properly and reliably.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers,
frank