[PySide] rearranging widgets in a QGridLayout

Frank Rueter | OHUfx frank at ohufx.com
Tue Jun 19 07:11:57 CEST 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering what the best way is to re-arrange items in a QGridLayout
after it has been drawn.

I've got a list of buttons in a QGridLayout which are meant to be hidden
or displayed according to some search filters.
The brute force way I tried first was to destroy the buttons ans rebuild
them from scratch, but that tends to lead to crashes and is slow.

So I'm hoping to change this to just hide the buttons that are not part
of the filter result and re-organse the QGridLayout so there are no
wholes where the hidden buttons are.

Any advice on how to best tackle this?

Cheers,
frank