[PySide] PySide mailing list & other project facilities

Matti Airas matti.p.airas at nokia.com
Mon Mar 5 18:39:21 CET 2012

On 05.03.2012 14:41, ext Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> Hi Matti,
>
> On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 4:26 AM, Matti Airas<matti.p.airas at nokia.com>  wrote:
>> I am unsure about what would be the best way to deal with the existing
>> Bugzilla bugs. I'd prefer disabling creating new bugs there as soon as the
>> kinks with Jira have been ironed out, but there are currently 67 open bugs.
>> One possibility would be to continue tracking them in Bugzilla in parallel
>> with the new Jira bugtracker, but I don't know if they can be resolved
>> before the old server goes away, so I'd be hesitant to take that approach.
>> My proposal is that we simply comment on the open bugs and ask the reporters
>> to re-submit the bugs to Jira if they still regard the bugs valid.
> So, now that Jira setup is okay, can we proceed with this approach
> (I've seen no comments with other ideas)?

I'm OK with that (but would like to get confirmation that this is the
generally preferred approach).

I've planned to make a blog post and mailing list announcements about
the PySide project migration once we have the last migration bug fixed.
I could amend the draft post to comment on the bug tracker migration.
Then I could add a notification about the new bug tracker location on
the Bugzilla front page and disable creation of new bugs in Bugzilla. I
could also make a bulk comment on the old Bugzilla, requesting bug
reporters to check whether the bug is still valid and to re-submit it in
Jira. Does this sound OK to you?

Cheers,

ma.