[PySide] PySide on GSoc 2012

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 17:20:32 CET 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Matti Airas <matti.p.airas at nokia.com> wrote:
> Neat! Thanks for this!
>
> Just a comment on the Android part: it's already been more or less done by
> Thomas Perl, see:
>
> http://thp.io/2011/pyside-android/
>
> Maybe more thorough documentation and pre-built packaging etc
> "productization" could still be provided, but it's a _very_ low-hanging
> fruit.

Added two interesting things to do if I applied as a student. The
stuff that seems like I'll never finish it myself.

1. Shiboken tutorial / interactive demo

Write extensive tutorial on how to provide a Pythonic binding for your
favorite C/C++ library with Shiboken. Take any C/C++ game with
non-restrictive license and try to provide a Python console scripting
API using Shiboken for it.

2. Make Shiboken compile to NaCl

Streamline the process of using Python with Shiboken generated
bindings from browser.

--
anatoly t.