[PySide] Proposal for "Visual tool to fast edit type system files" -- a Pyside idea

higery shoulderhigher at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 14:59:56 CEST 2012

>>People complain about the difficult to create Pyhton bindings using
Shiboken
>>very often on our mailing list, so instead of a visual tool, maybe would
be
>>better to write a tool to help the bootstrap of new bindings, i.e.:

I think it's a great idea which may help Shiboken users in a more direct
way, so
I will enhance my proposal and import this good idea.

>>You inform the header files of libraries that you want do bind and it
>>generates basic typesystem files for these libraries plus the CMakeFiles
for
>>the project.

It make senses, I think I will spend more time on the implementation
details.

>>UI is optimal, this can be a command line tool, in fact I believe that is
>>better to be a command tool rather than a UI.

If we just want a bootstrap tool, so I agree with you that a command line
tool is enough.

>>The hard work will be modify ApiExtractor to do what you want, once you do
>>this, the work can be integrated into Shiboken repository instead of a new
>>repository just for this tool.
That is what I want - make real contributions to the master repository!

Thank you very much for these good suggestion, I will enhance my proposal
ASAP after a deeper investigation.

Best regards,