[PySide] Proposal of PySide/Python support for Qt Creator

paulo alcantara paulo.alcantara at openbossa.org
Thu Mar 29 20:32:36 CEST 2012

Hi Mort,

> I'm posting here because I would like to add support for Python/PySide on
> Qt
> Creator, and hopefully, as a Google Summer of Code project.

This is really great!

> I realized that the PySide community once had made some effort to write a
> plugin to add Python support into Qt Creator (from what I found on the
> GitHub PySide/QtCreator repository), however, for some reason it
> discontinued (that's as far as I know).

The project was *started* by INdT (Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia) - I
and my team
(PySide) were the only contributors in it.
An yes, it's currently discontinued and that'd be nice to see someone
to continue
on hacking it. IIRC, I managed to run Python programs on QtCreator, as well as
syntax highlighting support working fine.

If you become a student of GSoC 2012 for the PySide, for example, ideally you
must keep INdT and/or any other author copyright'ed with your work
(just a note).

BTW, good luck with your proposal! :-)

       -pcacjr