[PySide] PySide 1.1.1 Windows builds (Roman Lacko)

Paul Miller paul at fxtech.com
Mon May 21 17:36:29 CEST 2012

On 5/21/2012 1:34 AM, Roman Lacko wrote:
> 2012/5/20 Paul Miller<paul at fxtech.com>:
>>> I have prepared windows builds of PySide 1.1.1 for Pyhon 2.7 and 3.2,
>>> 32bit and 64bit.
>>
>> Roman - I've still never been able to get the PySide build process
>> working on my Windows machine.
>>
>> What would it take to adjust your toolchain to spit out a version for an
>> older version of Qt? (say, 4.5.3)
>
> what version of python You need to compile with ?
> I will try to build PySide with Qt 4.5.3 and try to fix the build errors

I'm still using 4.5.3 on Windows because we know it works with our
application.

I tried moving up to 4.8.1 and we started experiencing random crashes on
one user's machine (unfortunately, not my dev machine). It's a complex
application, and almost every version of Qt that we've moved up to has
broken something in some subtle way. For this reason, we tend to stick
with a version we know works.

If you can easily build for different versions (x64), or help me figure
it out, I'd be grateful.