[PySide] Accessing C++ QObject subclass from script?

Paul Miller paul at fxtech.com
Tue May 22 23:14:48 CEST 2012

I got PySide 1.1 working in my hybrid app (thanks Roman for your help!)
using Qt 4.7.4 and Python 2.7. I can create new Qt widgets and use my
existing C++ QApplication and it seems to work fine.

Now I would like to expose some of my internal QObjects that have
already been created by the time the Python interpreter starts up.

For my existing data model interface to Python, I've hand-created some
Python bindings for my classes. What do I need to do to return a pointer
to one of my created QObjects back into PySide, so I can connect signals
to it?

*I can't use an auto-type-generator thingy like in the superhybrids
article*.