[PySide] PySide with pypy

Sebastian Wiesner lunaryorn at googlemail.com
Sat May 26 19:18:21 CEST 2012

2012/5/26 Aaron Richiger <a.richi at bluewin.ch>:
> Dear list!
>
> I tried checking performance improvements using PySide with pypy, but
> failed installing PySide in my pypy site-packages... Did anybody have
> success using PySide with pypy on Ubuntu? The usual "sudo apt-get
> install python-pyside" does not work, because it installs it to the
> default python2.7 dist-packages directory. Is there a way to specify the
> target site-packages you want to use later (pypy site-packages in my case)?

PySide is unlikely to work with PyPy because PyPy only partially
implements the CPython extension API.

If you want to try nonetheless, you need to manually compile PySide
against PyPy which will be somewhat difficult and cumbersome because
the CMake build scripts of PySide will not detect PyPy out of the box,
so you'll need a lot of tweaking.