[PySide] Questions about Pyside Assistant

Andy Frances af.stackless at gmail.com
Sun May 27 22:26:44 CEST 2012

Hi Thomas:

Thanks for the reply. I still have some questions

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Thomas Perl <th.perl at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Andy,

> >   2) What does my setup.py file look like? I am also new to setup.py.
>
> For some general information on what setup.py does in the Python
> world, see this document:
> http://docs.python.org/distutils/setupscript.html

Yes I am reading up on setup.py.

> The generated setup.py file should be okay - you can edit the
> description there if you want and make sure that the maintainer name
> and e-mail is okay. The "scripts=" tells which script is used as
> "main" application script.

The default is installing the main programme (showcoordinates) in the
home/andrew directory of my N9
(which is the same as my home machine, a Ubuntu machine)? How do I change
this to go in say, /opt
on the N9?

On the Joshua King blog, he talks about setting sys.prefix. However it is
unclear to me where this is set?
I am assuming setup.py. I know from using setup.py, I can give setup.py
command line options like prefix.

>   3) Does the application get a default application icon (the generated
> > files
> >    imply this)?
>
> In the generated folder there should be a showcoordinates.png file
> that you can replace with your own (80x80 PNG) icon. To create an
> icon, you can go to this URL and download the "Nokia Icon Toolkit"
> .zip file which includes an SVG template for the squircle with the
> right colors and guide lines, etc..:

Thanks. On a related note, I don't see an icon generated for my application
(yes yes it is a command line programme).

Another question: my aegis manifest is empty. I am assuming it is my
responsible to populate it accordingly?

To put everything into context, for now I want the ability to run command
line programmes that need the security properly
set. I thought that Pyside Assistant would take care of the Aegis framework
for me. I am happy to invoke the programme from the
command line or from pressing an icon.

Cheers,
Andrew