[PySide] QObject.destroyed() is not emitted

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Wed Nov 28 23:57:44 CET 2012

Hi Alexey,

I tried your example and added a parent.
Right now it looks exactly as it should be:

 >>> def onDestroy(*args):
...     print('destroyed')
 >>> obj = QtCore.QObject()
 >>> obj.destroyed.connect(onDestroy)
True
 >>> par = QtCore.QObject()
 >>> obj.setParent(par)
 >>> del obj
 >>> del par
destroyed

This is PySide on Mac OS X,
 >>> PySide.__version__
'1.1.2'
 >>> QtCore.__version__
'4.8.3'

Maybe you have some more references to the object?
For simple refcount checking, you can use sys.getrefcount .

 >>> g=sys.getrefcount
 >>> g(obj)
2

Note that this prints 2 because of the reference from the call. So the
object
should go away when the one real reference goes away.
Maybe you have a different problem, involving more objects?

---------

By the way, PySide seems to be not happy with reference cycles, while pure
python is ok with that:

 >>> obj = QtCore.QObject()
 >>> obj.setParent(obj)
 >>> g(obj)