[PySide] Two screens/monitors problem

Dominik "Socek" Długajczyk msocek at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 22:29:50 CET 2012

Hi.

I'm making an app that will use two (or more) screens. But I have a
problem. I can not move to a second screen.
My layout screens is screen 0 (0, 0, 1366,756), and on right there is a
smaller screen (1366,0,1024,756).

This sample code will explain itself:

> from PySide import QtCore, QtGui
> import sys
>
> class Wid(QtGui.QWidget):
>     def __init__(self):
>         super(Wid, self).__init__()
>         self.setGeometry(QtGui.QApplication.desktop().screenGeometry(1))
>
> qtApp = QtGui.QApplication(sys.argv)
> w = Wid()
> w.show()
> qtApp.exec_()

When I execute it, this window will be visible on the (0,0), not on the
(1366,0) point. When I change to value to (1365,0) the 1 pixel line is on
the left screen, and the rest is on the right screen. But when add 1 pixel
to the right, everything returns back to the left monitor. Do anyone have
the same problem with my code?

I'm using Arch Linux, with Awesome Window Manager.

--
Regards
Dominik "Socek" Długajczyk