[PySide] PySide and VTK on Windows 32

Félix C. Morency felix.morency at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 19:59:30 CEST 2013

It is a known bug that's been there for quite a while:
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/PYSIDE-46

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 1:24 PM, John Ehresman <jpe at wingware.com> wrote:

> On 4/5/13 12:28 PM, Nathan Smith wrote:
> > I looked into this several months back. I believe I decided that it is a
> > bug in the XML wrapping specifications used by shiboken. I was going to
> > change the XML so that it cast the internal value to a long (winid in
> > windows is the address of the window cast to a long; yeah, it's that
> > awesome)  but I ran out of time and never got back to it.
>
> It sounds like you were headed in the right direction -- most of the
> custom code for PySide is in the typesystem xml files.  If you do have
> time to get back to this, a patch would be most welcome.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

Félix C. Morency, M.Sc.
Plateforme d’analyse et de visualisation d’images
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke
Centre de recherche clinique Étienne-Le Bel
Local Z5-3031 | 819.346.1110 ext 16634