[PySide] Strange behaviour of QLocale.toString()

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 09:46:01 CEST 2013

On 2013-04-15 02:13, Zak wrote:
> Here is a summary for the people who don't want to read a wall of text:
>
> This is not a bug, PySide uses 32 bit floating points and PyQt uses 64
> bit floating points, so they round numbers differently.

QLocale::toString() is an overloaded method. It has definitions for both C float
and C double values. If it is true that PySide is picking the C float overload,
then I have to think that that is a bug. Python float objects are internally C
doubles. It should not be implicitly downcast to a C float when the C double
override is available.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."