[PySide] ImportError when importing from the PySide Egg

Purple Tentacle purplish.tentacle at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 00:16:49 CET 2013

Hello everyone,

I followed the instructions <https://github.com/PySide/pyside-setup> for
building a standalone PySide egg in Linux.  Then I moved the egg to a test
directory along with a Python script to test it.  I want to be able to
access the egg from the current directory, not from the Python dir.

The PySide package is found but I get an "ImportError: No module named
QtCore" when I try to import QtCore, or a similar message for any other
module.  PySide.__all__  has ['QtCore', 'QtGui', 'QtNetwork', 'QtOpenGL',
'QtSql', 'QtSvg', 'QtTest', 'QtWebKit', 'QtScript'].

The test script:
#!/usr/bin/python
import sys
sys.path.append('./PySide-1.1.3dev-py2.7.egg')
import PySide
print(PySide.__all__)
import PySide.QtCore

Am I missing something something? Thanks!!