[PySide] DataMapper issues

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 15:22:43 CET 2013

Hi Adrian,

The detection of root cause of this bug is impossible using method of
static analysis of your snippet. You need to strip it to the bare bones
example that can be executed on the systems other that OpenSuse 12.2 to
confirm the bug is not affected by operating system configuration /
combination of versions of DB and binding packages.

It will help to maintain an instruction on PySide wiki how to create such
testing environment so that the operation can be followed and automated for
future use. As you're the most interested person in what.

Mind you that writing this 'fixture creating guide' and clearing place for
it does not guarantee that your particular problem is easy enough (or
feasible) to by tracked and solved. But it may increase the chances up to
80% depending on the complexity, and will lower the barrier for PySide
contributors, who are not yet (but may be) able to solve your problem.

--
anatoly t.