[PySide] DataMapper issues

Adrian Klaver adrian.klaver at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 23:14:20 CET 2013

On 02/17/2013 07:17 AM, Srini Kommoori wrote:
> I tried to create a simple testcase to recreate the problem - so far
> basic stuff works for me(mapper and sql components). If you have a
> simple test case, it would help a lot.

It turns out it is an interaction between the model EditStrategy and the
DataMapper SubmitPolicy. You cannot set a model EditStrategy. If you
leave it unset then the DataMapper works. Though for a reason I have not
yet figured out when you do DataMapper.submit() all the mapped fields
are updated to the database, not just the changed one(s).

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver at gmail.com