[PySide] PySide evaluation

Jean-Paul LeDoux jean.paul.ledoux at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 22:44:51 CET 2013

There are most definitely more than 82 PySide users out there.  :)

I'm not sure if the community is aware of this, but every major software
player in the film and fx industry (Maya, Nuke, Houdini, 3DS Max,
Softimage...) supports Python and Qt.  Every studio that I've worked in or
read about uses Python to build their pipeline, and increasingly turn to
PyQT or PySide over the native interfaces to build GUIs for artists.  The
compositing software I use every day, Nuke, comes with PySide installed now
(used to be PyQT) and ready to build integrated interfaces.  So rest
assured, there are a ton of technical directors out there building with
PySide.

PySide is still pretty new to me, but I want to say that I appreciate all
the time that people have put in, whether it be bugfixing, putting up
tutorials, or answering questions on here.  Thanks to all of you.

Cheers,

Jean-Paul LeDoux
Compositing Supervisor
Nitrogen Studios