[PySide] Simple shiboken binding tutorial -- was PySide - Qt5 - Swig

ZHONG Zhu Zhu.Zhong at alcatel-sbell.com.cn
Wed Jan 16 09:31:39 CET 2013

Now I have 6 files in package folder.
D:\BINDINGTEST\FOOLIBBINDING\PACKAGE
    FooLib.dll
    foolib.pyd
    foolib_test.py
    libshiboken-python2.7.dll
    QtCore.pyd
QtCore4.dll

1.       Run foolib_test.py with QtCore4.dll copied from PySide 1.1.2 folder. I got below error.

D:\BindingTest\FooLibBinding>foolib_test.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\BindingTest\FooLibBinding\foolib_test.py", line 1, in <module>
    from foolib import FooClass
ImportError: No module named foolib

2.       Copied D:\Qt\4.8.1\bin\QtCore4.dll from my Qt 4.8.1 installation to D:\BINDINGTEST\FOOLIBBINDING\PACKAGE. Run foolib_test.py again, I got below error.

D:\BindingTest\FooLibBinding\package>foolib_test.py
ImportError: could not import module 'PySide.QtCore'
Fatal Python error: can't initialize module foolib

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Could you help to have a check the cause of the error message?