[PySide] i can not find Q_ARG in pyside, please help me

Aaron Richiger a.richi at bluewin.ch
Sun Jan 20 14:33:02 CET 2013

Hello!

What do you use it for? According to the Qt doc, the Q_ARG macro is used
to generate a QGenericArgument:
"This macro takes a Type and a value of that type and returns a
QGenericArgument object that can be passed to QMetaObject::invokeMethod()."
As far as I know, there is no equivalent for this macro in PySide, but
even if the doc tells you not to do so, it may be possible in PySide to
instantiate QGenericArgument() without a macro:

from PySide.QtCore import *
arg = QGenericArgument("arg_name", 17)
print arg.name(), arg.data()

The PySide doc is auto-generated, so there are parts where it's content
is true for C++, but not for Python/PySide. This might be such a case.
Please let me know, what you want to use Q_ARG for (with some code would
be the best), because in years of PySide programming, I never missed it,
so there may be another PySide solution for your task...

Cheers
Aaron