[PySide] PySide and Shiboken 1.2 released

Joel B. Mohler jmohler at gamry.com
Tue Jul 9 11:05:32 CEST 2013

On 7/9/2013 2:35 AM, Roman Lacko wrote:
> 2013/7/9 Joel B. Mohler <jmohler at gamry.com <mailto:jmohler at gamry.com>>
>
>     On 7/8/2013 9:30 PM, John Ehresman wrote:
>     > I'm happy to announce that PySide and Shiboken version 1.2 have been
>     > released.  PySide is a community supported LGPL wrapper for the Qt
>     > libraries and Shiboken is a C++ wrapping tool used by PySide.
>      Version
>     > 1.2 contains numerous stability fixes, improved Windows
>     installation via
>     > easy_install, and the shiboken module is now correctly installed.
>     >
>     > The pypi page for PySide is athttp://pypi.python.org/pypi/PySide
>     <http://pypi.python.org/pypi/PySide>   It
>     > can be installed via easy_install, pip and windows installer.
>
>     The pypi link points to 1.1.2 and that is all that easy_install finds.
>

> PyPI is now updated https://pypi.python.org/pypi/PySide

Thank-you Roman.  This works with one caveat -- it requires python 2.7.5
and does not work on python 2.7.3.   The shiboken-python2.7.dll depends
on a symbol '_PyTrash_thread_deposit_object' which evidently doesn't
exist in 2.7.3.  I personally don't mind upgrading to 2.7.5 and really
I'm glad I'm now upgraded .... but it's a bit of a gotcha.

This is looking like a very nice PySide release.  Thank-you!

Joel