[PySide] cxfreeze and PySide 1.2.0

Joel B. Mohler jmohler at gamry.com
Tue Jul 9 12:35:50 CEST 2013

Hi,

The new path discovery in __init__.py and _utils.py is giving me fits in
a frozen environment.  I think I have two unrelated problems:

1)  It's a known issue that __file__ is not what one typically wants
after py2exe or cxfreeze is applied.
http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/WhereAmI has the canonical alternative
(I guess), but I'm not sure if one would want to make the sys.executable
assumption in PySide code (???).

So I tried modifying my _utils.py just applying the sys.executable
alternative and then ...

2)  I get a windows segfault on the 'from . import QtCore' line
(unfrozen runs fine):
   Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
   Application Name:    pyside.exe
   Application Version:    0.0.0.0
   Application Timestamp:    50afcb50
   Fault Module Name:    python27.dll
   Fault Module Version:    2.7.5150.1013
   Fault Module Timestamp:    5193f378
   Exception Code:    c0000005
   Exception Offset:    000ac705

I'm running win7 32 bit.  I suppose more could be learned by compiling
the debug version, but I'm going to let this stew a bit before I start
on that.

Thanks for any ideas on approaching this.
Joel