[PySide] cxfreeze and PySide 1.2.0

Joel B. Mohler jmohler at gamry.com
Tue Jul 9 17:06:03 CEST 2013

On 7/9/2013 10:24 AM, John Ehresman wrote:
> On 7/9/13 6:35 AM, Joel B. Mohler wrote:
>> The new path discovery in __init__.py and _utils.py is giving me fits in
>> a frozen environment.  I think I have two unrelated problems:
>
> Would it help to simply disable the path discovery when __file__
> doesn't refer to an actual file?  I think things should work if all
> the .pyd's and .dll's were in the right place.

I have tried commenting out the _setupQtDirectories in __init__.py. It
then crashes (ala segfault) on the import of QtCore.  I can't think of
anything that makes sense explaining that crash since it works fine
unfrozen and the normal cxfreeze failure mode is to have some missing
dll or module ... not crashes.

Joel