[PySide] Move PySide development to github?

John Ehresman jpe at wingware.com
Thu Jul 11 22:27:19 CEST 2013

At the sprint in Austin, a few of us discussed moving the git repository
where changes are made to github.  We would still limit who could push
to a core group of approvers and require someone else to review changes
in almost all cases.  The goal is to move away from gerrit / gitorious
to the github tools.  Each of us has limited time to contribute to
PySide and we'd rather spend that time improving PySide rather than
learning how to use tools we don't otherwise use.

What to do with the bug tracker is less clear.  It probably would
migrate to github's tracker or another tracker because the current
tracker doesn't work well, but OTOH no one is particularly impressed
with github's tracker.

We decided to float this idea on email and see what the response was.
Any transition wouldn't happen for a few weeks and all patches should be
submitted via Gerrit until then.

Cheers,

John