[PySide] Getting ahold of Qt 4.8.4 Windows binaries

Roman Lacko backup.rlacko at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 15:01:49 CEST 2013

2013/7/12 Anders Elfgren <srekel at gmail.com>

> Ah, thank you! I googled like crazy for those binaries :)
>
> Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have helped - I installed, updated PATH
> to point to 4.8.4/bin, and still get the same error message.

pyside windows binaries are self contained, that means you don't have to
install Qt or set PATH, PySide allready contains all required Qt dlls.

Could it be that I need the exact same binaries - I downloaded the ones
> built with MSVC2010 ( qt-win-opensource-4.8.4-vs2010.exe<http://download.qt-project.org/official_releases/qt/4.8/4.8.4/qt-win-opensource-4.8.4-vs2010.exe>)?
> If so, which ones do you think it would be?

Pyside for python 2.7 is build against Qt 4.8.4-msvc-2008
Pyside for python 3.3 is build against Qt 4.8.4-msvc-2010

Best regards,