[PySide] Cutting PySide 1.1.3 with Qt 4.8.4 (Was: typesystem_core_common.xml memoryleak remains)

John Ehresman jpe at wingware.com
Wed Jun 19 17:36:58 CEST 2013

On 6/18/13 1:07 AM, anatoly techtonik wrote:
> I'd follow semver.org <http://semver.org> - if there is nothing added
> into API, then there is no need to increment major version.

API was added to shiboken and the generator changed and it would be odd
for a bugfix release of pyside to require a new minor release of shiboken.

> As for 4.8.4, the problem is that binaries are compiled against 4.8.2 and there
> is little sense to recompile them against 4.8.4, because it will make
> some bug reports invalid.

The pyside sources can be compiled against 4.8.4 so bug reports
presumably are already coming in against Qt 4.8.4 as well as other Qt
versions.  In most cases the Qt version isn't particularly important in
understanding and fixing bugs.

>      > 3. actually, there is not enough information about issues affecting
>      > 1.1.2 at
>      > https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/PYSIDE/fixforversion/12609
>
>     I don't know what you're getting at here.  Are you looking for a list of
>     all known bugs?
>
> For the list of fixed bugs in 1.1.2
> https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/PYSIDE/fixforversion/12609#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aversion-issues-panel

The list currently isn't in the bug tracker.  Contributions of helping
to clean up the bug tracker are much appreciated.

Thanks,

John