[PySide] PySide BOF Summary

John Ehresman jpe at wingware.com
Fri Jun 28 16:27:09 CEST 2013

We met at the SciPy conference on 6/27/13

Attending: Robin Dunn, John Ehresman, Lauren Johnson, Eric Jones, Stefan
Landvogt, John Wiggins

It's clear to everyone that PySide is community supported at the point
with no one person or organization able to support PySide and the task
for the community is to improve the code generator / runtime and add
support for Qt 5 in the next year or so.  We hope to generate momentum
through active development / releases and to attract developers who can
contribute to supporting PySide.

At the sprint, we want to
* Finalize the 1.2 release
* Rewrite the outdated build instructions on the PySide wiki
* Support new sprinters by helping them set up development environments
and directing them to manageable bugs to work on
* Start an experiment with pybindgen to see if it can provide a better
code generator than shiboken for future PySide releases

John