[PySide] Honkin Idea for PySide's thriving

Henry Gomersall heng at cantab.net
Wed Mar 20 16:04:01 CET 2013

On Wed, 2013-03-20 at 00:41 -0700, Christian Tismer wrote:
> Besides the technical issues and the things we discussed to create a
> real
> PySide community, I would like to add a hew goal.
>
> Make PySide the new standard Gui toolkit for Python!

Given Ubuntu's recent noises about Qt and QML, in particular with
respect to Ubuntu Touch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Touch),
would perhaps a better target be to derive some support from that
direction?

To quote from the Ubuntu developers resources
(http://developer.ubuntu.com/resources/programming-languages/python/):

"Many important parts of Ubuntu are already written directly in Python,
and we work to make every important API and framework within Ubuntu
available from Python."

Cheers,

Henry