[PySide] Honkin Idea for PySide's thriving

Stephan Deibel sdeibel at wingware.com
Thu Mar 21 14:39:58 CET 2013

BenoƮt HERVIER wrote:
> "It's currently*not even possible*  to write a phone app in python."
>
> When i see such statement, all i can say is, we didn't need them ...
> Many phone apps are made in Python + a gui toolkit, even on Android, iPhone, Maemo/MeeGo ...

What's even more suspect in that thread is the blanket prohibition
against Python for being too slow.  That's, like, so 1990's. ;-)

Also seems to show that they don't understand that when you write a line
in Python 99% of the work is actually done in C code.  Arguing this
stuff can be pretty futile, however.

Thanks, Henry, for bringing it up on Ubuntu's list.  Since Barry Warsaw
(one of the original Python core developers) is on there I think there
probably is hope of something coming out of it despite the negative
comments in the thread.

- Stephan