[PySide] Near term plans for pyside

lndn lndndev at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 21:06:52 CET 2013

> One thing that would be helpful for new contributors is a getting
> started doc of some sort.  There are bits and pieces of this all over,
> but having it all in one spot would be good.  If it does already exist
> somewhere then let's make it more prominent.  Some things it should
> include are:
>
>   * Which of the source repositories should be considered the master copy.
>
>   * Which repos should collectively be considered to be PySide.  (PySide
> + Shiboken + PySide-Tools ???  Are there others?)
>
>   * Where is the issue tracker?
>
>   * How should contributions be submitted?  Pull requests?  Patches
> attached to tracked issues? Something else?
>
>   * What coding standards should be followed?
>
>   * How to build PySide
>
>   * etc.

> Of course right after I sent this I found
> http://qt-project.org/wiki/PySideDevelopment

Also on this page is a "Getting Started with PySide Development" [1].  I
started this guide about a week ago and its far from complete but I'll use
your questions above as a guide to include more information.  The guide is
targeting new and beginners who are not familiar with PySide.

[1] http://qt-project.org/wiki/PySide_Development_Getting_Started