[PySide] pySide for QT5

Christian Gelinek cgelinek at radlogic.com.au
Thu May 16 09:42:33 CEST 2013

> When pySide for QT5 will be available?

I'd be interested in this myself. Doing a little research, I found the
following:

An outdated message from before Qt5 was stable:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/pyside/tFexVyqP6tM

Some comments at the blog entry about the release of Qt5:
http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2012/12/19/qt-5-0/#comment-129374

The "PySide is Dead?" discussion under
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.qt.pyside/4049

The "PySide - Qt5 - Swig" discussion which explores alternatives on
generating the binding:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.qt.pyside/4147
...and it's continuation:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.qt.pyside/4198

And then there Aaron set up a poll about the future of PySide:
http://www.mail-archive.com/pyside@qt-project.org/msg00962.html

...and claims here that there seems to be some activity on PySide for Qt5:
http://www.mail-archive.com/pyside@qt-project.org/msg01137.html

Not quite sure where these activities can be seen or how one could
participate but it's nice to see some hope on the horizon :-)