[PySide] Installing on Ubuntu with python3

Otto Chiu ochiu at teslamotors.com
Thu Nov 7 00:46:43 CET 2013

Hi All,
I want to see if anybody has anybody has any tips or hints on installing pyside on Ubuntu with python3 in a virtualenv.

I tried following the instructions here: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/PySide#installing-pyside-on-a-unix-system, but I keep getting syntax errors when I go install the egg. I also tried http://qt-project.org/wiki/PySide_Binaries_Linux with the python3-pyside option but python can't find the PySide package.

Any help is much appreciated.

Otto