[PySide] inter-object communications

John Ehresman jpe at wingware.com
Sat Nov 9 00:41:33 CET 2013

On 11/8/13 4:36 PM, Henry Gomersall wrote:
> So it seems the actual binding between objects is handled by Shiboken.
> Does the python object itself have a reference to the wrapper object, or
> is that only provided on demand through shiboken?

The python object has the C++ pointer to the object.  That pointer will
be to the object of the wrapper subclass only if the object was created
with the wrapper subclass constructor.  It other cases, the pointer will
be to an object of a class such as QObject or QWidget.  (BTW, most of
this is not Qt specific).

> Is this detail documented anywhere?

The documentation I know of is http://setanta.wordpress.com/binding-c/
which was written by some of the original shiboken developers.  I don't
know how complete it is.

Cheers,

John