[PySide] PySide bindings don't work with Nuitka

Kay Hayen kay.hayen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 11:54:29 CET 2013

Hello,

I am the author of a very compatible Python compiler called Nuitka, see
http://nuitka.net/pages/overview.html for some information about it.

In the past, I have made my compiler work with Qt and wxPython by
creating patches myself, and I was capable of doing that. Unfortunately
that does not yet work with PySide, but that is what many users have.

I raised a bug for it, but it go no attention yet:
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/PYSIDE-198

The thing is, really, I just need some pointers, for where I need to
make Python function/method checks in shiboken recognize compiled
functions as well. Currently the bindings don't turn my callable object
into slots, as can be seen in the "hello.py" attached to the bug.

Would you please consider lending me a hand, and pointing me in the
right direction, as to where to ask instead. PySide is a big enough
community for me to have no clue where to report what against. :-)

Yours,
Kay