[PySide] sender().data() does not work for custom objects

Frank Rueter | OHUfx frank at ohufx.com
Thu Nov 14 04:54:37 CET 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a QAction pass a custom object as it's data, so I can
grab it via QWidget.sender().data()
This works just fine for a default object like a dictionary, but not for
a custom object that I need to use.

This works fine in PySide 1.0.9 but PySide 1.2.1 always returns None
when querying sender().data() from a QAction that has a custom object
assigned to it's data.

Here is some sample code that shows the problem:
http://pastebin.com/pT7KJ4Uf

Is this a bug in PySide 1.2.1 or did I do something wrong before which
accidentally worked in PySide 1.09 when it shouldn't have?

Cheers,
frank