[PySide] simple QTableView example

Tibold Kandrai kandraitibold at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 23:44:06 CEST 2013

Hey,

I’m not sure I understand the problem correctly.

If you want to store data in a cell or a QStandardItem, then you need to use setData() and data().

Generally you shouldn’t need to subclass QStandardItem or QStandardItemModel.

Here is an example how:

# Define roles

FINISHED_ROLE = QtCore.Qt.UserRole + 1
PRIORITY_ROLE = QtCore.Qt.UserRole + 2

# Create model

model = QtGui.QStandardItemModel()

item = QtGui.QStandarItem()

model.appendRow(item)

item_index = item.index()

# Store data using the item

item.setData(finished, FINISHED_ROLE)

item.setData(priority, PRIORITY_ROLE)

# Store data using the model

model.setData(item_index, finished, FINISHED_ROLE)

model.setData(item_index, priority, PRIORITY_ROLE)

# Retrieve data using the item

finished = item.data(FINISHED_ROLE)

priority = item.data(PRIORITY_ROLE)

# Retrieve data using the model

finished = model.data(item_index, FINISHED_ROLE)

priority = model.data(item_index, PRIORITY_ROLE)

In some cases like click event handlers, you have the model and the item index, there it’s easier to use the model methods instead of finding the item and then getting the data. 😉

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Tibold