[PySide] fading a widget on and off

Frank Rueter | OHUfx frank at ohufx.com
Tue Oct 22 07:29:54 CEST 2013

Hi all,

once again I'm looking for a nudge in the right direction please:

I'd like to be able to fade a widget on and off (based on the state of a
checkbox), and am wondering if I should write a custom paintEvent that
renders the widget as a pixmap at the respective transparency or if I
should look into QState and QStateMachine instead?! I have never used
states but it sounds like that will enable me to subsequently use
QtCore.QPropertyAnimation on a custom property (like opacity), is that
correct?

Or is there another way I should be exploring?

Cheers,
frank