[PySide] Please add proper copyright notice and LGPL 2.1 link to licensing page

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 07:49:14 CEST 2014

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 1:34 AM, Jonas Thiem <jonasthiem at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Please be so kind and fix the licensing page by adding a proper PySide
> (C) ... note and an actual link to the LGPL 2.1 here:
> http://qt-project.org/wiki/About-PySide

It is not a licensing page as far as I see it, but if you can find it
(probably in source code repository) feel free to add a link - it
is a wiki after all and you are a contributor already. =)

> People may want to attribute you correctly with the full copyright
> notice and the license text as the LGPL actually requires for any
> program that links or depends on PySide (no matter if PySide is
> actually shipped with it or not), so it would be nice if you could
> give them the necessary information on that page to do that.

LGPL doesn't require you to include copyright notice or attribute
anybody, or this page should be fixed:
https://tldrlegal.com/license/gnu-lesser-general-public-license-v2.1-(lgpl-2.1)

> Basically a sub page this: http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/lgpl.html
> (Proper full copyright line + the full license) should be linked from
> your Licensing info paragraph here:
> http://qt-project.org/wiki/About-PySide

PySide is not completely Qt. It uses Qt and link to it - right. In any
case - if you dig the proper link and insert it- nobody will not object.

This one:
https://qt.gitorious.org/pyside/pyside/source/d2a47ab8f27af7e74d34797464da85c128c17c37:COPYING