[PySide] QTextLayout::glyphRuns() is missing in Pyside 1.2

Robin Skahjem-Eriksen robinds at student.matnat.uio.no
Thu Apr 17 11:18:38 CEST 2014

I'm starting to learn Qt, by using PySide and it is really exciting and fun. I'm so glad this project exists, as I know I would probably not have been using them right now if I had to learn C++.

Unfortunately, I've encountered a missing method in PySide: The binding to QTextLayout::glyphRuns(). I have seen that this is available in PyQt, but I really would prefer to have it available through PySide.

Can this please be fixed by someone who knows C++ and the source code for the PySide project?
If this is fixed, can I please receive a notice, so I can rebuild the and install the package with the patch included?

I hate to bother anybody, but this feature actually seems completely crucial to my project.
If there is anything I can do to speed up the process or aid it in any way, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Robin Skahjem-Eriksen